We are seeking an experienced Platform Engineer to join our team in Barcelona.
You will be part of a team of experienced DevOps engineers who adhere to professional software engineering principles throughout the Infrastructure as Code life cycle, including build processes, and testing operations.
We are now influencing the future of travel by giving the finest travel experience to our existing over 17 million consumers, and we want you to be in charge of constructing and evolving the accommodation platform that enables millions of searches daily.
What do we do in the Lodging Platform team?
On top of AWS and On-Premise, we design, implement and evolve services that support and orchestrate a network of microservices and data technologies.
In addition, we are in charge of our big data solution and our observability platform.
Investigate and apply best practices for cloud native solutions.
For data, we use
– RDS for MariaDB and MySQL
– Amazon MQ for RabbitMQ
– Elasticache for Redis
– Amazon Athena
which we combine with
– AWS EKS
– Gitlab CI/CD
– And more AWS goodness
and sprinkles of
and manage with
What will you be doing?
– Design, implement and maintain our platforms
– Ensure the robustness, performance and scalability of our platforms
– Help us automate it all
– Contribute with the rest of the team to apply and create best practices
– Learn a lot and help us learn!
What are we looking for?
– Experience with AWS, GCP or any other main Cloud platform
– Solid understanding and experience of Kubernetes
– Solid experience using Git
– Solid experience in Infrastructure as Code like Terraform or Pulumi
– Solid experience in Docker and ways to orchestrate it
– Experience in automation tools like Ansible
– Experience with CI systems, such as Jenkins and GitLab-CI
Nice to have
– At least 4+ years DevOps/SRE experience
– Experience managing relational databases
– Knowledge of Python and/or Go
– Familiarity with: NGINX, Vector, PHP-FPM, OpenVPN, Logstash, Grafana, Loki, Tempo, Tanka, Karpenter, ArgoCD, Prometheus, VictoriaMetrics, Terragrunt, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis
What’s in it for you?
– Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain, Portugal or Italy, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
– Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
– Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS
– A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
– Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
– Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
– Continuous growth and learning
– Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
– Language classes for English and Spanish
– A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
– Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Milano and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.