At eDreams ODIGEO, we all believe in one thing – helping millions of people discover the world through the power of travel. Our cutting edge travel tech platform does so at scale. Every year, our technology helps more than 17 million customers reach their destination faster, cheaper and more conveniently by finding the best travel deals out there.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join the department of Corporate IT Services in one of our tech hubs in Barcelona, Porto, Madrid or Milan (other locations in Spain, Portugal and Italy are equally possible) to help us shape the best travel booking experience and disrupt the world of travel.
Currently, we are carrying out an unprecedented transformation in the company, few companies with this scope are making this type of migration to the cloud, it is a good time to live closely this migration.
If you are an enthusiastic person, who likes to play in a team, who is up to date with new technologies and wants to be part of the technological change to cloud, apply now!
What you’ll need to be successful:
– Higher vocational training
– Minimum experience of at least 2 year in Service Desk
– High level of spoken and written English, it is the language of communication of our customers (level test will be done).
– Knowledge of user support on Windows operating systems, Ubuntu, Mac, Google suite, Microsoft applications, and advanced knowledge in peripherals and troubleshooting.
– Knowledge Identity Management,
– Knowledge MDM, current tech Workspace One
– Resolution of software incidents in Windows, MacOs and Ubuntu environments and their management through ticketing tools (JIRA).
– Equipment layout and configuration.
– Set up workstations.
– Knowledge on Network staff (Firewall,Switches,Wifi)
– G Suite administration
– Meeting Rooms maintenance
– Printers Maintenances
Nice to haves:
– Knowledge in configuring and managing Windows/MacOs/Linux services
– Knowledge in monitoring / Log tools (like DataDog, Grafana, Kibana).
– Knowledge of cloud computing
– Knowledge of Storage systems.
– Decision making: has the ability, with help, to ask for others input as part of the decision-making process; has the ability, with help, to foster collaboration and support between team members and across functions; provides only basic updates on the evolution of the work of the decision-making process; only focus the decision-making process on his/her own team objective.
– Influencing others: is able to present own opinion but not in a persuasive manner; willing to listen to and appreciate others’ opinions, even when those opinions are contrary to personal belief; has limited capacity to resolve differences of opinions through compromises.
– Coding and system design: has the ability to create valid design proposals for complex problems. Has the ability to have a technical discussion with senior people on this proposal and incorporates feedback to refine the final proposal. Reviews design proposal for non complex problems and provides feedback
– System engineering best practices & Methodologies: has basic knowledge about Continuous Improvement (CI), our current VCS and branching model. Is able, with little help, to develop basic unit testing, to develop unitary testing, to understand and follow the tasks flow and the to follow up the solutions developed in production/tracking.
– Distributed, concurrent and scalable systems: has basic knowledge of distributed, concurrent and scalable systems. Is able to contribute with useful ideas. May require some guidance to implement them.
– Cross-system knowledge: has basic functional and technical knowledge of some other systems in the company (the most related with his work). Is able, with help, to identify their interactions and their dependencies.
What’s in it for you?
– 🚀Grow your career with our career path.
– Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain, Portugal or Italy, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
– Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
– Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS
– A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
– Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
– Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
– Continuous growth and learning
– Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
– Language classes for English
– A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
– Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Milano and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.