Are you a Java enthusiast? Are you looking for a challenging change? Join one of our tech hubs in Barcelona, Porto, Madrid or Milan (other locations in Spain, Portugal and Italy are equally possible) and help us to shape the future of travel and provide the best travel experience to over 17 million of customers.
At eDreams ODIGEO, we all believe in one thing – helping millions of people discover their world. Our cutting edge travel tech platform does so at scale. Our technology helps more than 17 million customers reach their destination faster, cheaper and more conveniently by finding the best travel deals out there.
Our mission is to create a one-stop-shop for our customers, where they can find the best travel options for their needs and experience amazing post-booking service in our best-rated mobile app. In the Travelshop area, our teams are working on our future ancillaries retail platform that will take the customer experience to the next level across new and innovative touchpoints.
We set the path. Shape with us the way people travel. Help us build a smarter, more personal retail platform for travellers at booking time, pre-trip and in destination.
We are looking for a Java Software Engineer to join our tech hubs in Barcelona, Porto, Madrid or Milan (other locations in Spain, Portugal and Italy are equally possible) to help us shape the future of travel and provide the best holiday experience to over 17 million customers.
When you join us as a Java Senior Software Engineer, you will get to:
- Create distributed, scalable microservices platforms, where software gets deployed daily, with high quality, clean code, SOLID principles, design patterns and TDD.
- Promote the use of microservices platforms, clean code and SOLID principles and TDD to the rest of the team
- Be independent when working with the modules on your area of expertise, in any phase of the SDLC
- Design & develop advanced systems and innovative solutions that help us solve big problems related to finance, payments or fraud. Share them with both technical and non technical audiences.
- Code the solutions with the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and test quality. Be a referral of best practices within the team.
You will work in a fully agile organisation, using Kanban practices to deliver business value continuously. You will actively participate in team ceremonies and events, as well as the product definition and ideation processes, as part of a high performing cross functional team, working with other top engineers, product managers, architects, UX designers to design, build, operate and evolve the Payments Domain microservices platform. You will receive mentorship and support to help you develop your career super fast as well as use your senior expertise to mentor and help develop 2 -3 team members.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Deep understanding of software engineering concepts such as OOP, functional programming, concurrency, data structures, design and architecture patterns, databases, APIs etc.
- Experience working with the entire software development cycle, including deploying to production and testing (both unit and integration), as well as Cloud and Continuous Delivery environments
- Strong data driven capabilities, analytical skills, design pattern skills and creativity that will allow you to solve complex business and customer problems.
- Ambition to be the best and provide resilient, high performing, well dimensioned solutions to complex problems.
- Strong focus on quality, and a technical excellence mindset
- Excellent communication skills and an open mind to reach agreements for the benefit of the team and your stakeholders.
- Ability to visually represent your solutions in standard diagrams that can be shared with both technical and non technical audiences.
- Strong organisational skills. Ability to organise, prioritise and delegate tasks to overcome deadlines in an uncertain environment.
- Good English level that will allow you to work in a multicultural environment and communicate at all levels.
- A strong mindset for continuous learning and improvement, growth and innovation.
- A team player attitude with a focus on knowledge sharing within a dynamic team.
- Passion for what you do, willing to improve every day and apply the latest state of the art technology, when possible, to your solutions.
What’s in it for you?
- 🚀Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path, 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps management career path.
- Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain, Portugal or Italy, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
- Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
- Continuous growth and learning
- Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
- Language classes for English and Spanish
- A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Milano and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.