Are you ready to shape the future of the travel industry by working in one of the world’s largest, most innovative, online travel companies?
Who we are and what is our purpose?
At eDreams ODIGEO, we all believe in one thing – helping millions of people discover their world. Our cutting edge ecommerce platform helps more than 17 million customers in 46 countries reach their destination faster, cheaper and more conveniently by finding, booking and servicing the best travel deals out there. Our mission is to create a one-stop travel shop for our customers, with the most amazing travel booking experience across desktop, mobile and app.
For the last 20 years, we have been the leading European Online Travel Agent, at the forefront of innovation in travel tech. We are the only travel company to create a widely successful subscription programmes – our Prime membership. Our 1,000+ people work from multiple European countries, though our main offices are in Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, and Milan. And we now plan to open up in Budapest.
If you are up for a challenge, you won’t find a more impactful or rewarding experience. Now is the perfect time to join us. eDreams is on an exciting journey to double its engineering team to deliver on its ambitious mission. We have a whole host of exciting plans for the next few years to reshape the face of travel and disrupt the travel industry, with
- new innovative travel products for our 20mn+ customers
- the best, fastest and most convenient travel platform out there
- cutting edge customer experiences and service for our 2mn+ Prime members.
So we are growing very rapidly out of the pandemic and are investing heavily in our Technology organization, bringing opportunities for impact and growth galore.
What will you do?
As a Lead Engineer you will face the challenge of balancing the demands of managing a team, giving technical guidance, and contributing to code.
Lead Engineer life can be extraordinarily rewarding. You will mentor and help other engineers progress in their professional growth, you will have to input into decisions that have a far broader impact on the eDO user base and the business and you will develop new skills and capabilities. This growth will provide you with even more opportunities for career growth and learning.
If you think that you have what it takes to become a great Lead Engineer here at eDO, you are passionate about s development, and think the role is as cool and exciting as we do, do not hesitate to apply.
Mission: Ensure technical excellence, maximize team health and develop and evaluate developers within the team.
- Provide technical support and mentoring to developers to enable them to resolve problems, prioritize tickets and solve business issues.
- Liaise with architecture to ensure optimal solutions on your modules and to promote technical improvements.
- Define the technical strategy of your modules and align it with the Development Director and architects.
- Work with Product and Business to ideate and shape the strategy and direction for evolution of the product within your domain
- Represent technical expertise in key decisions with Product and Business, providing options, managing expectations and assessing, alerting and preventing risks.
- Balance the capacity of the team in the most effective way possible among feature development, bug fixing, innovation and technical improvement.
- Help the team to translate functional specifications into high-performance, logical technical design and code, split into digestible tasks, tied to iterative deliverables and providing value.
- Ensure that any incidence is managed by the team with priority requested
People leadership & Team management:
- Be responsible for employees performance management, setting goals and conducting performance evaluation for developers in the team.
- Act as a mentor for developers helping them develop their professional career within the company.
- Ensure that the team is self-organised to take collective responsibility for the work and improve team dynamics.
- Participate in talent attraction and engagement initiatives in the team.
- Promote a work environment that fosters collaboration inside the team and with other teams and keeps people engaged.
- Foster in the team a spirit of ideation and continuous improvement of processes and products
Key role competencies:
- Decision making
- Influencing others and challenging decisions
- Value driven
- Developing and growing self and others
Key technical skills:
- Coding, OO design & system design
- Performance tuning
- Java technology knowledge
- Knowledge of the payments area
- Code base knowledge
- Software engineering best practices and methodologies
- Quality Mindset
- Risk management
- Industry knowledge
- IT knowhow
- Confidence and Self control
- Risk Management
- Organizational Awareness
- Quality focus & attention to details
- Technical documentation
- Functional knowledge
- Cross system knowledge
- Performance engineering, design patterns & data modelling
- Distributed, concurrent and scalable systems
What we have to offer:
- We support a great lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours and flexible remote work policy – it’s up to each team to decide what works for them
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure. PLUS
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings,
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops
- Additional prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You are allowed to choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Continuous growth and learning
- Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills trainings, external events, industry conferences etc.
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- Language classes so that you learn the language of the country where you are relocating to or English classes so you get more proficient in the company official language
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs tailored to your goals, you are always working towards the next step on your career path.
- A horizontal and transparent culture where continuous peer feedback is our mantra, and speaking up your own innovative ideas is a given.
… And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun, and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come fly with us and join us now.
eDreams ODIGEO under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo –is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.