Are you ready to shape the future of the accommodation industry by working in one of the world’s largest online travel companies?
We want to offer our Prime customers the very best accommodation product at the lowest price. For them, we have to combine billions of potential flight combinations and millions of accommodation options every day in real time to create dynamic packages with special rates and provide the best holiday experience to our customers.
To create this unique experience, we face a lot of challenges where technology is key to finding the solutions. Some of these are:
- Help our customers find the right geolocalisation for the hotel
- Offer the most convenient hotel for our customers, working with machine learning capabilities
- How to manage different sources of hotel contents from different providers or directly to hoteliers
- Provide s the best description of hotels and rooms, their conditions and amenities
- Build our booking engine to create the one-stop-shop for our customers
- Provide the best post-booking service, to allow them update or modify their booking
- Offer exclusive conditions for our Prime customers (our subscription program)
We set the path. Shape with us the way people travel.
At eDreams ODIGEO, we believe in full end-to-end ownership of results and empower our teams to develop solutions that benefit both the customer and our business, iterating fast to continuously learn and improve. We are a fully agile organisation, and our product development teams use Kanban practices to deliver business value continuously.
You will work with a tech stack that may include:
- ES6 code
- Testing frameworks and libraries like Mocha, Chai, sinon.js and Jest.
- React Testing library (Selenium + Cucumber + nodejs).
- Style Sheet preprocessors like SASS, CSS-in-JS and styled-components.
- Packages and task runners like webpack, babel, grunt, npm
- Java 8 and 11 in the BackEnd (if you want, you have the opportunity, to become a fullstack developer)
- Usage of storybook to speed up developments.
Having a technical mindset is vital for us, which is why we promote:
- Microservices platform and modular FE
- Powerfull monitoring techniques using Data dog, BigQuery and Graphana.
- Version-control systems like Git & bitbucket.
- Story book using Design system made with emotion and styled system.
- Clean code
- SOLID principles and TDD
- Provide solutions to complex problems. Understand the problem, the system and work with our most senior people to find the best solution that is robust, scalable and has good performance in a high load environment.
- Code the solutions with the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and test quality.
- Be part of a product development team. Be a team player, working with skilled team mates. Good communication skills and open to help the team to reach the objectives.
- Help the team grow. Mentor the team members to continue improving, giving feedback and sharing your expertise.
- Challenge the decisions to grow all together. Promote principles, do training to improve technical excellence.
- Be part of product definition. Understand your product and be involved in the ideation process. Challenge the decisions, focus the actions on data and give ideas on how to improve your product. Be worried about the performance of product KPIs and technical KPIs.
- Be proactive when you see an opportunity to improve.
- Focus on the outcome, not on the tasks.
- Be part of a dynamic multidisciplinary team where everyone can speak up with new ideas, take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Take advantage of your data driven capabilities and use your design pattern skills to solve problems.
- Be enthusiastic and come up with creative options to deliver solutions.
- Use your knowledge of Cloud and of Continuous Delivery environments to help you deliver value quickly.
- Seek out opportunities to learn, share and grow continuously.
- We work in English so you will need a good technical English level.
eDreams ODIGEO under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo –is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.