Are you ready to shape the future of travel by working at one of the world’s largest online travel companies? At eDreams ODIGEO you will have a real impact, combining more than 600 airlines, 100.000 flights and hotels worldwide every day into billions of potential combinations and helping our users find the very best travel deals.
We are looking for a driven PHP Software Engineer to join us and to shape the way people travel.
You will be in charge of building and evolving the bedbank microservices platform which powers a lot of searches every day. You will concurrently obtain the best offers from the hoteliers and combine them to build the best deal and offer it to the customer in instant real time taking advantage of the benefits of machine learning.
To create this unique product, we face a lot of challenges where technology is key to finding the solutions. Some of these challenges are:
- Offer the best price for the hotel, implementing complex algorithms and machine learning capabilities.
- How to manage different sources of hotel contents from different providers or directly to hoteliers.
- Provide to our customers the best description of the hotel and rooms, their conditions and amenities.
- Build our booking engine to create the one-stop-shop for our customers
- Provide the best postbooking service, to allow them update or modify their booking
- Offer exclusive conditions for our Prime customers (our subscription program)
At eDreams ODIGEO, we believe in full end-to-end ownership of results and empower our teams to develop solutions that benefit both the customer and our business, iterating fast to continuously learn and improve. We are a fully agile organisation, and our product development teams use the best agile practices to deliver business value continuously.
You will be part of an agile multi-disciplinary team where you will influence both product and technical decisions on a day-to-day basis.
You will work with a top-notch tech stack, including:
- PHP, Golang
- MariaDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, ClickHouse
- Kong, Docker, AWS
- Grafana, Kibana
The technical mindset is really important for us, this is why we promote:
- Clean code and SOLID principles
- TDD and robustness focus
- DDD and CQRS
- Microservices and event driven architectures
- Observability patterns
- Cloud native
- OLTP, OLAP and other storage data processing architectures
- Debug/Profiling/Performance tuning
Do you have a real passion to thrive developing high-quality software? Join us and put your expert PHP knowledge to use crafting high-performance applications.
- Mastery of PHP and strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals (data structures, concurrency, design patterns, algorithms).
- Provide solutions to complex problems. Understand the problem, the system and work with our most senior people to find the best solution that is robust, scalable and has good performance in a high load environment.
- Code the solutions with the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and test quality.
- Be part of a product development team. Be a team player, working with skilled team mates. Good communication skills and open to help the team to reach the objectives.
- Help the team grow. Mentor the team members to continue improving, giving feedback and sharing your expertise.
- Challenge the decisions to grow all together. Promote principles, do training to improve technical excellence.
- Be part of product definition. Understand your product and be involved in the ideation process. Challenge the decisions, focus the actions on data and give ideas on how to improve your product. Be worried about the performance of product KPIs and technical KPIs.
- Be proactive when you see an opportunity to improve.
- Focus on the outcome, not on the taks.
- Be part of a dynamic multidisciplinary team where everyone can speak up with new ideas, take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Take advantage of your data driven capabilities and use your design pattern skills to solve problems.
- Be enthusiastic and come up with creative options to deliver solutions.
- Use your knowledge of Cloud and of Continuous Delivery environments to help you deliver value quickly.
- Seek out opportunities to learn, share and grow continuously.
- We work in English so you will need a good technical English level.
eDreams ODIGEO under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo –is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.