eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest e-commerce businesses in Europe. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it serves more than 18 million customers per year across 46 markets. Listed on the Spanish Stock Market, eDreams ODIGEO works with over 665 airlines and has partnerships with 130. The brand offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for consumers across the globe.
eDreams ODIGEO has been one of the most resilient travel companies in the current COVID context: unlike most other travel companies, it has kept all its staff and invested in product development for the post-COVID recovery. eDreams had gained share during the COVID crisis and will emerge as an even stronger competitor.
Over the last years, the company has truly transformed and is now known to be a real innovator in the travel industry. For example, eDreams ODIGEO is the first travel company in the world to launch a subscription programme, like Amazon Prime or Spotify or Netflix in other industries. In addition, the company has industry-leading customer satisfaction, high product quality and positive trends on revenue margins and stock price. In fact, eDreams ODIGEO was the best performing stock worldwide in travel for the previous 5 years just prior to the outbreak of COVID-19, beating Expedia, Booking Holdings, Tripadvisor, Ctrip and all others. Looking towards the future the company is also looking for M&A targets to expand geographically and product/capabilities, all of which also offer professional growth opportunities.
We are building a world-class global Online Marketing organization to help leisure travellers to discover and stay engaged with our apps and websites across different brands, geographies and travel solutions (flights, hotels, car rentals, trains), and ideally get customers to become Prime members to get access to discounted prices, special deals and exclusive servicing.
Our global websites are visited by millions of users each year, and we have a leading position amongst top travel apps (+25M downloads worldwide, >4,5 average rating). As we want to scale upper, mid and lower funnel marketing campaigns across both web and app at an even faster pace, we are seeking a highly motivated and driven Head of Online Display & Video Advertising to lead and grow the App, Display & Video Marketing team. This position, reporting into the Performance Marketing Director, is of strategic importance to deliver on our ambitious growth expectations. In this role you and the team will shape the vision, design the strategy, execute, measure and optimize both acquisition and re-engagement/re-targeting campaigns across several providers, including, but not limited to, Apple, Criteo, Facebook, Google, Snapchat, Tik-Tok and several other Display Networks.
Key to this role is hiring, mentoring and further growing an experienced team of marketers, along with partnering with the Head of Marketing Measurement and Technology in order to develop outstanding measurement capabilities which will support the scaling of paid acquisition and retargeting/re-engagement campaigns globally. We have ambitious growth targets for the next years and a track record of delivering high growth rates despite the pandemic.
The ideal candidate is a Senior online marketing leader with an international background, a track-record in developing world-class teams and programs in a fast-paced eCommerce environment, with a strong understanding of the online marketing technology and measurement. Also, a deep understanding of some of the advertising networks is key, along with a solid knowledge of advanced data-driven marketing strategies.
- Design full funnel marketing strategies – from awareness/branding to performance-based acquisition, retargeting and re-engagement – across publishers, geographies and app/web platforms;
- Help individuals to grow and reach their career goals through mentorship and by providing ongoing feedback. Further develop a high-performance culture based on the aspiration to run best in class campaigns through agility, data and technology;
- Set quarterly team objectives and key results, track them over the quarter and ensure team alignment at executing against the strategic priorities;
- Work with the Head of Marketing Measurement and Technology on improving the marketing technology stack, including and not limited to measurement, testing, deep linking, fraud detection and campaign orchestration/automation platforms;
- Define the budget and generate investment scenarios for the launch of new campaigns;
- Plan and help the team to implement and optimize the campaigns across Display, Video, Paid Social and App for all eDreams ODIGEO brands and products;
- Own the campaign performance to ensure campaign targets are met (sales, cost per sale, ROAS, brand awareness, reach, etc) through continuous optimization;
- Design and execute a testing and learning agenda for media buying, audiences, content/promotions and creatives;
- Collaborate with the internal creative team as well as external creative agencies to ensure creatives do align to the requirements from publishers;
- Lead cross-functional projects and collaborate closely with other departments to design and execute marketing campaigns to support the global product (eg flights, hotels, car rentals, etc) and marketing strategy (Prime program, holidays, offers).
- Work along the brand design, CRM, business intelligence, marketing analytics, pricing, product managers, country managers teams and other marketing channels;
- Lead collaboration with providers (Google, Facebook, Apple, etc.) in order to maximise the full potential of each platform/media (testing new features, digesting new data, etc);
- Communicate strategies, progress and performance at C-level. Tell stories from data;
- Create new / improve current best practices and document process for campaign launch and ongoing optimization.
- At least 10 years of experience in online marketing related roles, and at least 5 in a senior role focusing on Online Display, Video and/or Mobile App Marketing, with a strong focus on media, measurement and technology;
- Critical and strategic thinking, with the ability to design media, audience and engagement strategies to support the company strategy and drive growth at scale;
- Strong understanding of display, video and app performance metrics, industry best practices, audience segmentation, cross and upselling strategies, creative performance insights;
- Truly curious and passionate about online marketing. Willing to help creating and nurture a best-in-class marketing organization;
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience in managing one or more media buying platforms among Facebook, Google, Display Networks, Criteo, Apple Search Ads, TikTok, Linkedin, Twitter, etc;
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze statistical data to make optimization decisions, along with excellent data storytelling skills;
- People management experience within a strong agile organization;
- Self driven to achieve results;
- Experience working with tracking and attribution solutions for Apps (one or more among Appsflyer, Adjust, Singular, Firebase, GA4) is nice to have;
- Experience working with Ad Serving technologies and RTB programmatic platforms is nice to have;
- Any level in English as long as you are able to tell a story from the data, communicate complex information around campaigns and have relevant conversation with the team and the stakeholders;
- Positive attitude.
What do we offer?
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours and flexible remote work policy.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure.
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills training, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs, you are always working towards the next step on your career path.
- We also have for you a Ticket Restaurant benefit & unlimited beverages and coffee for free at the office (with many types of milk alternatives) because we like our eDOers happy and healthy!
- A phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance.
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages.
- Additional prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
- Fun at work: at eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
… And the opportunity to work on a dynamic, dedicated, fun, and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come dream with us and join us now.
eDreams ODIGEO under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo –is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.