eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the Metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular and charter flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 18 million customers it serves across 46 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market.
We’re looking for a talented Full Stack Software Engineer to join our world-class Engineering Team based in our HQ in Barcelona, Spain.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer you will be responsible for developing features for our in-house platform which support all eDreams ODIGEO brands.
You are passionate about the IT development for high performance applications & have an analytical mind-set.
- You will develop high quality, testable and performance software that helps millions of our customers discover the world through travel
- Work closely with product owners and business partners to estimate and plan new requirements
- You will drive the best software development practices
- You would pay more attention to code quality than to deadlines
- Strive for continuous improvement in the team
- We are a huge team and we love code reviews
- We value hunger for learning, collaboration and ambition
- We are building a complex application and encourage our teams to share new ideas and innovate
- You will work in an informal, fun and balanced atmosphere with a young but highly qualified team.
We seek to select the best available person for each role, regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, ethnic origin, age, disability or sexual orientation.
How we work
You will have the chance to work with amazing Agile Coaches and Product Owners, helping the Technical Team to adapt the best of Agile Methodologies because YES, WE KANBAN!
For a better idea about our culture, check out the brief video of one of our most successful Hackathon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGE_kGX8r_A&t=23s
What is the Project scale and challenges?
- Super high traffic
- Performance and scalability are really to be taken into account
- Mobile first thinking
- Strict Agile environment
What we offer?
Check out our Careers Site http://www.edreamsodigeocareers.com/what-we-offer/
So, are you the right fit?
Yes, if your skills are:
- Deep JS knowledge (ES6 is a plus)
- Backend knowledge (Java EE is a plus)
- MVC frameworks experience (any framework, like AngularJS, Backbone, Vue, etc.)
- Usage of linters such as JSCS, JSHint, ESLint, etc
- Packaging and task runners experience such as Browserify, Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, etc.
- Experience with NodeJS based tooling in general
- Ability to integrate with a variety of third parties
- Product-optimisation mindset
- Ability to take high impact decisions within a team
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Superb communication skills
- Interest on applying new technologies
- Styling knowledge (SASS) is a plus
- Automation testing skills is a plus (Selenium, Cucumber)