As a Lead Engineer you will face the challenge of balancing the demands of managing a team, giving technical guidance, decision making and contributing to code.
Lead Engineer life can be extraordinarily rewarding. You will mentor and help other engineers progress on their professional growth, you will have to input into decisions that have a far broader impact on the eDO user base and the business and you will develop new skills and capabilities . This growth will provide you with even more opportunities for career growth and learning.
If you think that you have what it takes to become a great Lead Engineer here at eDO, you are passionate about development and think the role is as cool and exciting as we do, do not hesitate to apply.
- Provide technical support and mentoring to developers to enable them to resolve problems, prioritize tickets and solve business issues.
- Liaise with architecture to ensure optimal solutions on your modules and to promote technical improvements.
- Define the technical strategy of your modules and align it with the Development Director and architects.
- Work with Product and Business to ideate and shape the strategy and direction for evolution of the product within your domain
- Represent technical expertise in key decisions with Product and Business, providing options, managing expectations and assessing, alerting and preventing risks.
- Balance the capacity of the team in the most effective way possible among feature development, bug fixing, innovation and technical improvement.
- Help the team to translate functional specifications into high-performance, logical technical design and code, split into digestible tasks, tied to iterative deliverables and providing value.
- Ensure that any incidence is managed by the team with priority requested
People leadership & Team management:
- Be responsible for employees performance management, setting goals and conducting performance evaluation for developers in the team.
- Act as a mentor for developers helping them develop their professional career within the company
- Ensure that the team is self-organised to take collective responsibility for the work and improve team dynamics.
- Participate in talent attraction and engagement initiatives in the team.
- Promote a work environment that fosters collaboration inside the team and with other teams and keeps people engaged.
- Foster in the team a spirit of ideation and continuous improvement of processes and products
Key role competencies:
- Decision making
- Influencing others
- Value driven
- Developing and growing self and others
Key technical skills:
- Coding, OO design & system design
- Performance tuning
- Technology knowledge
- Code base knowledge
- Software engineering best practices and methodologies
- Quality Mindset
- Industry knowledge
- Agile knowledge
- People and stakeholders management
- IT knowhow
- Confidence and Self control
- Risk Management
- Organizational Awareness
- Quality focus & attention to details
- Technical documentation
- Good to have knowledge in Java, JSP, Cloud and GraphQL
- Functional knowledge
- Cross system knowledge
- Performance engineering, design patterns & data modelling
- Distributed, concurrent and scalable systems
What do we offer?
- 🚀Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path, 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps management career path.
- Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain and Portugal, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid and Porto).
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings.
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
- Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
- Continuous growth and learning.
- Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
- Language classes for English and also Spanish classes for eDOers relocated to Spain
- A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations
… And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come fly with us and join us now.
eDreams ODIGEO under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo –is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.