Are you ready to shape the future of the travel industry by working in one of the world’s largest online travel companies?
At eDreams Odigeo, we develop and leverage the best ecommerce technology to create the best hotel booking experience for 20+ million customers each year. We do so by creating new technologies and platforms and applying artificial intelligence in a flexible, microservices based infrastructure. Our mission is to create a one-stop-shop for our customers, where they can find the best travel options for their needs and experience amazing post-booking service in our best-rated mobile app. In the Travelshop area, our teams are working on our future ancillaries retail platform that will take the customer experience to the next level across new and innovative touchpoints.
We set the path. Shape with us the way people travel. Help us build a smarter, more personal retail platform for travellers at booking time, pre-trip and in destination.
We are looking for a Frontend Senior Software Engineer to join our tech hubs in Barcelona, Porto, Madrid or Milan (other locations in Spain, Portugal and Italy are equally possible) to help us shape the future of the travel industry and provide the best holiday experience to our customers.
It’s the perfect time to join us. We are growing very rapidly out of the pandemic and are investing heavily in our Technology organisation. When you join us, you will have the opportunity to make your mark from Day 1 – by shaping our technology choices and architecture – and accelerate your career development, thanks to the best career path in Europe. Some of the challenges you will work on include developing technology that will rebuild the core selling engine of the company, which will challenge our existing models, architecture, and flows and proposes a new technology paradigm.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a distributed, scalable micro-services environment, where software gets deployed daily, with high quality, clean code, SOLID principles and TDD
- Be part of a high performing cross functional team of 7-10 developers, POs, UXers, QAs, data scientists etc, all sharing the same values and focus on the customer.
- Develop powerful and advanced algorithms that are at the forefront of innovation in travel tech
- Leverage your technical excellence mindset to code solutions with the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and test quality, as well as challenge decisions to help all teams improve technical excellence.
- Actively participate in the product definition and ideation processes.
- Work in a fully agile organisation, using Kanban practices to deliver business value continuously.
- Continuously learn and participate in workshops, hackathons and other events as we consider key to be active within the IT community.
- Own and monitor the performance of product and technical OKRs.
- Help the team grow by mentoring more junior team members to continue improving, giving feedback and sharing your expertise.
- Decide with the rest of team members about architecture and best practices.
Having a technical mindset is vital for us, which is why we promote:
- Microservices platform and modular FE
- Powerful monitoring techniques using Data dog, BigQuery and Graphana.
- Version-control systems like Git & bitbucket.
- Story book using Design system made with emotion and styled system.
- Clean code
- SOLID principles and TDD
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals (data structures, concurrency, design patterns, algorithms).
- Great technical mindset to work in an environment where we promote the use of microservices platforms, clean code, SOLID principles and TDD.
- Ability to code with the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and test quality.
- Knowledge of Cloud and of Continuous Delivery environments to help you deliver value quickly.
- Strong data driven capabilities and design pattern skills that will allow you to face our business challenges.
- Be part of the product definition, identify improvement options,, challenge decisions constructively and provide creative solutions to complex problems, focusing on the outcome and not on the tasks.
- Be a team player, with good communication and mentoring skills.
What’s in it for you?
- We support a great lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours and flexible remote work policy – it’s up to each team to decide what works for them
- Option to work from any location in Spain, Portugal or Italy, with occasional travel to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Opportunity to develop to fullstack engineer by also working with Java 8 and 11 in the BackEnd
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs tailored to your goals, you are always working towards the next step on your career path. A horizontal and transparent culture where continuous peer feedback is our mantra, and speaking up your own innovative ideas is a given.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure. PLUS a free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings, special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops, and additional prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You are allowed to choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company. Many of our developers work
- Continuous growth and learning
– Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills trainings, external events, industry conferences etc.
– Language classes so that you learn the language of the country where you are relocating to or English classes so you get more proficient in the company official language
- A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
Come fly with us and apply now!
eDreams ODIGEO is the world’s leading travel subscription platform and one of the largest e-commerce businesses in Europe. Under its four renowned online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it serves more than 20 million customers per year across 44 markets. Listed on the Spanish Stock Market, eDreams ODIGEO works with nearly 700 airlines. The business conceptualised Prime, the first subscription product in the travel sector which has topped 5 million members since launching in 2017. The brand offers the best quality products in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, dynamic packages, cruises, car rental and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for consumers across the globe.