As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the technical implementation plan of a company initiative with wide impact.
Engineering Manager plans, coordinates and oversees the implementation plan of an initiative. You have to oversee that initiative is running effectively. You have to coordinate with most technical roles, teams and products to see the best plan for the delivery and maximize the outcome. You will have to manage the stakeholders giving visibility of the goals and KPIs and defining next steps. We are a data-driven company, so you will have to get the data to make the decisions. EM has focused on goals and the management of issues between product creation and delivery.
EM has to code, understand the platform and be updated in the latest technologies. You will combine this to give new opportunities to evolve the system at the same time that you deliver value.
Our EMs are leaders of a team. You will mentor and help other engineers progress on their professional growth, you will have to input into decisions that have a far broader impact on the eDO user base and the business and you will develop new skills and capabilities . This growth will provide you with even more opportunities for career growth and learning.
You, like a senior position, have to inspire our engineers and leads. With a mindset of continuous improvement, challenge and inspire how to evolve our quality, code quality, technologies, agile methodologies, … Take part in the change!
If you think that you have what it takes to become a great Engineering Manager here at eDO, you are passionate about s development and think the role is as cool and exciting as we do, do not hesitate to apply.
- Provide mentorship and career guidance to your directs and to other lead engineers.
- Promote forums or techniques that allow people to learn and grow between them.
- Identify business opportunities and synergies aligned with the company strategy and drive them to be part of the strategy and maximize the delivery.
- Understand all the product and technical KPIs and be the owner of the area/company KPIs. In case of incidence, identify the source and raise alerts to other teams.
- Promote new techniques in order to do better software faster (test-driven development, continuous integration and collective code ownership, … ). Identify bottlenecks on development process of the company and promote/influence/lead the initiative to find the solution. Foster innovation with a clear output. Help on the organizational responsibility in terms of providing the right training, tools or environments.
- Drive best practices & continuous improvements to be set as a new standards within the company. Evangelize the agile techniques, apply new ones when is needed and promote/share the learnings to the rest of the leads.
- Plan and organize the technical transformations of their initiative, influencing their stakeholders, leading the delivery, and anticipating and adapting to problems and gaps in the plan and the target state.
- Plan and organize the initiatives to make it real. Anticipating any gaps between product vision and technical constraints, finding solutions and compromises.
- Have clear view on business, product and technology to create new business opportunities.
- Be a step ahead of the challenges to maximize the value delivered within the initiative and with other development teams involved. Lead cross team initiatives, working with the other teams, influencing in the deliveries of each one, identify risks, look for solutions and have clear outcome generated in each delivery that is a clear step to the final objective.
- Company scope
- Technical implementation plan
- Technical leadership
- Part of technical solution
- Manage Deliveries and outcomes
- Manage senior people
- Accountable for software delivery
Key role skills:
- Technical knowledge
- Talent management
- Outcome oriented
Key technical skills:
- Quality mindset
- Clean code
- Architectural Patterns
What we offer?
– Work cross functionally in an agile environment and learn from our senior engineers with experience in scaling products from 0 to infinity!
– Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: thanks to our dedicated in-house Learning & Development team, you will have access to a wide range of technical and soft skills training, language courses, tech talks, access to industry events and conferences and many more tools to help you become a star performer.
– We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life balance (eg. half-day Fridays, flexible hours, 24 days of holiday + 2 extra days off etc.)
– Safe environment during COVID times & full flexibility to work from home up to 100% of your time during this period. After September 2021, we will be adopting a new flexible remote work policy to offer diverse lifestyle choices.
– Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
– Competitive Salaries & Flexible benefits scheme
– New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages.
– Personal and bespoke career path programs
– We like our eDOers happy and healthy! Free coffee for all our offices (with many types of milk alternatives) and a significant Andjoy discount!
– Special discounts in other local venues such as gyms, restaurants, shops etc.
– A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels.
– Annual awards for a variety of team and individual achievements and a horizontal and transparent culture where continuous peer feedback is our mantra and speaking up your own innovative ideas is a given.
– Fun at work: at eDO, work and fun go hand in hand!