eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 18 million customers it serves across 44 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market.
Our UX team is one of the largest in Spain, and we’re continuing to grow with a multi-disciplined team of visual designers, UX Designers, UX Researchers and UX Insights Analysts. We recently moved to a newly refurbished office that’s centrally located in Barcelona. We have a UX lab that supports our ability to apply a customer focused and data-oriented approach to our overall process. We’re a fun-loving UX team who’s passionate about many things, including learning, sharing knowledge, innovation, and best-in-class user experiences.
We’re looking for a highly creative and motivated UX Designer to join our UX and Product team. As a UX Designer at eDreams Odigeo you will use your design skills to create meaningful and memorable experiences that delight our customers and drive profit to the business. You’ll work closely with other UX Designers, the UX Team Leads, the Head of UX Design and the UX Research team while collaborating with Visual Designers, Product Owners and various other stakeholders . The ideal candidate would be able to use their technical expertise and design know-how to help our team communicate more fluidly and rapidly.
● Create engaging, easy-to-use mobile web and desktop design solutions that address business and user needs
● Leverage research insights (both qualitative and quantitative), trends, and best practices to recommend and influence the product experience. Connect design decisions to desired business goals and outcomes.
● Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product team
● Participate in user research activities and usability studies to be able to iterate design solutions based on customer data.
● Lead and facilitate brainstorming sessions and workshops with multi-disciplinary teams during early stages of product ideation.
● Embrace collaborative approaches to design. Work closely with product management, user research and engineers throughout design, development and implementation cycles.
● Produce concept models, journey maps, interaction flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes and UI mock-ups.
● Produce pixel-perfect production assets and design specifications and work with engineers to implement design solutions.
● Present your design work to peers and partners with exceptional presentation, communication, and negotiation skills. Be a leader both inside the UX group as well as within a product team.
● Understand our brands, our aesthetic, and our differentiators – become a brand steward in everything you contribute
● Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
● Help cultivate a strong design culture within the eDreams Odigeo UX team through organizing opportunities for skills sharing and/or developing thought leadership within the UX community through teaching and speaking opportunities.
● Drive UX vision in alignment with product roadmaps.
● 3+ years professional UX design experience as a key member of a UX team participating in the product development lifecycle of several successfully delivered web, mobile and/or software applications.
● Bachelor’s degree in design, related field, or equivalent professional experience
● Solid knowledge of Sketch or Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator.
● Demonstrated experience using analytics data to inform design decisions
● Demonstrated experience on doing usability testing and design research activities or collaborating with a UX research team.
● Strong organizational skills.
● Strong presentation skills with the ability to speak to and defend your decision making yet be able to have open, direct and respectful conversations to ensure we reach the best possible design solutions as a team.
● Excellent attention to detail; a demonstrated experience of interaction design, typography, color, and page layout.
● English speaker with good written, verbal, and presentation abilities.
● Team player with a positive attitude.
● Understanding of complex e-commerce businesses, preferably with travel industry experience.
Please apply with your CV, including your online portfolio, or attaching a separate portfolio or work samples, and a brief email explaining your interest in this position.