eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 18 million customers it serves across 44 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market.
We are now looking for a Product Owner to join our Connectivity team in our Product organization, based in Barcelona, Spain. Reporting to the Product Director Connectivity, you will own the strategy, roadmap, and development of eDreams ODIGEO set of products that help us get the best flight inventory available in front of millions of customers, so they have the certainty that the cheapest and most convenient flight has been offered to them, no need to look for it elsewhere.
To be successful, you will need to have a data-driven approach to product development, an in-depth understanding of technical implications, strong communication skills, and an unerring sense of how to balance multiple competing priorities under tight deadlines. You will work closely with Engineering, Airlines team, Architecture, Finance and other people in the Product team to ensure that the team execute on its mission to deliver the best content to the right travel shopper at the right time.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Develop together with the different business teams a longer-term product strategy for new and existing connectivity products ranging from bundles, instant search, etc.
- Creating the product roadmap for multiple projects.
- Managing the full lifecycle product management (from concept development to tactical execution).
- Monitoring on a daily basis KPI’s and understanding the product performance.
- Identifying and proposing product improvements based on solid data and market perspectives.
- Analyzing and prioritizing the product backlog.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand and execute business needs, user needs (UX) and brand guidelines.
- Working in coordination with the development team to execute, deliver and improve the product.
- Ensuring product objectives are fulfilled. Ie: deliverables meet requirements and business expectations.
- Managing project development.
- Defining project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Developing project plans and associated communications documents.
- Tracking project milestones and deliverables.
- Proactively managing changes in project scope, identifying potential crises and creating contingency plans.
- Driving the product development with a team of engineers and UXrs.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5 years of experience as Product Owner (Agile methodologies).
- Background in the travel industry, preferably working with GDS and aggregators.
- Knowledge of industry dynamics (GDS, airlines, LCC, aggregators, direct connect) and how they impact what content the customer can consume and get access to.
- Experience working on web/mobile/cross device solutions (mobile native skills are not required).
- University degree.
- Excellent communicator.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional analytical skills and data-driven mindset.
- Technology passionate.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem solver and results-driven, with a can-do attitude.
- Proficient English required, ideally with experience in international environments.