eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 18 million customers it serves across 46 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market.
We are now looking for a talented Head of Compensation & Benefits to join our Human Resources team. The right candidate would be expected to add value in a centralized and structured approach to managing the organization’s pay and benefits scheme.
As Head of Compensation and Benefits at eDreams Odigeo, the candidate reports directly to the Chief People Officer of the organization. To be a great candidate for this role, the candidate must be comfortable operating in a strategic, consultative and hands-on capacity and thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up their sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done. They will have a vision on best practices and processes, feeling confident to challenge the status quo.
The best candidates will draw on specialist knowledge in designing and administering both the compensation and benefits program of the organization. With their expertise they make recommendations on compensation and benefits policies, programs and plans. In addition, the candidates generate strong relationships with functional areas of the business as well as the HR team. They will have strong verbal and written communication skills, have an ability to prioritize their time, demonstrate push-back and a sense of urgency, and understand the value of providing best customer service. This position will be located in our HQ offices in Barcelona, Spain.
- Build a strategic partnership and relationship with dedicated internal clients and stakeholders
- Set the organization’s pay structure and benefit offerings internationally
- Determine competitive wage ranges and develop or modify compensation plans
- Evaluate employee benefit policies to assess whether they are current, competitive and legal
- Choose and manage outside partners such as benefits vendors
- Oversee the distribution of pay and benefits information to the organization’s employees
- Ensure that pay and benefits plans comply with regulations
- Prepare a program budget and keep operations within budget
- Undertake thorough analytical tasks in order to determine the best pay and benefits plans for the organization
- Monitor trends affecting pay and benefits and assess how the organization can improve its practices or policies
- Monitor market conditions and governmental regulations
- Design of pay-for-performance including guidelines for bonuses and incentive pay
- Ensure deep and accurate understanding of the business activities and challenges and more specifically related to people aspects.
- Support the standardization of processes and best practices
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in either Human Resources, Business Administration, Business Management, Finance or similar
- A Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Finance or Business Administration is a plus
- Experience working in a multinational tech company
- At least 4 years professional experience in a compensation and benefits role in a multi-country environment within a matrix organization
- At least 8 years of experience in an HR or Finance related role
- Strong communication skills to communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Demonstrated capability to deliver timely and execute against plan while managing costs; not afraid of hands-on and operational tasks whilst focused on the global picture
- Proven modelling skills and experience in using Reward Systems
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and negotiation skills
- A driven personality and understanding of millenials
- Proficient English is a must, other European languages are desirable
- Comfortable with both high-level planning and strategy work as well as being “hands- on”.
- MS Office- including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.