We are now looking for a talented Head of Compensation & Benefits to join our Human Resources team. The right candidate would be expected to add value in a centralized and structured approach to managing the organization’s pay and benefits scheme.
As Head of Compensation and Benefits at eDreams Odigeo, the candidate reports directly to the Chief People Officer of the organization. To be a great candidate fo this role, the candidate must be comfortable operating in a strategic, consultative and hands-on capacity and thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up their sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done. They will have a vision on best practices and processes, feeling confident to challenge the status quo.
The best candidates will draw on specialist knowledge in designing and administering both the compensation and benefits program of the organization. With their expertise they make recommendations on compensation and benefits policies, programs and plans. In addition, the candidates generate strong relationships with functional areas of the business as well as the HR team. They will have strong verbal and written communication skills, have an ability to prioritize their time, demonstrate push-back and a sense of urgency, and understand the value of providing best customer service. This position will be located in our HQ offices in Barcelona, Spain.
What you will do:
- Build a strategic partnership and relationship with dedicated internal clients and stakeholders
- Set the organization’s pay structure and benefit offerings internationally
- Determine competitive wage ranges and develop or modify compensation plans
- Evaluate employee benefit policies to assess whether they are current, competitive and legal
- Choose and manage outside partners such as benefits vendors
- Oversee the distribution of pay and benefits information to the organization’s employees
- Ensure that pay and benefits plans comply with regulations
- Prepare a program budget and keep operations within budget
- Undertake thorough analytical tasks in order to determine the best pay and benefits plans for the organization
- Monitor trends affecting pay and benefits and assess how the organization can improve its practices or policies
- Monitor market conditions and governmental regulations
- Design of pay-for-performance including guidelines for bonuses and incentive pay
- Ensure deep and accurate understanding of the business activities and challenges and more specifically related to people aspects.
- Support the standardization of processes and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in either Human Resources, Business Administration, Business Management, Finance or similar
- A Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Finance or Business Administration is a plus
- Experience working in a multinational tech company
- At least 4 years professional experience in a compensation and benefits role in a multi-country environment within a matrix organization
- At least 8 years of experience in an HR or Finance related role
- Strong communication skills to communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Demonstrated capability to deliver timely and execute against plan while managing costs; not afraid of hands-on and operational tasks whilst focused on the global picture
- Proven modelling skills and experience in using Reward Systems
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and negotiation skills
- A driven personality and understanding of millenials
- Proficient English is a must, other European languages are desirable
- Comfortable with both high-level planning and strategy work as well as being “hands- on”.
- MS Office- including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
What do we offer?
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills trainings, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription of O’Reilly Online Learning.
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance (e.g. half-day Fridays, team building activities, flexible hours, 24 days of holiday +2 extra days off, etc.).
- Personal career path programs.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels.
- Competitive salaries & flexible benefits scheme: Ticket Restaurant, transport, private health insurance, etc.
- We like our eDOers happy and healthy! Free fresh fruit and coffee for all (with many types of milk alternatives) and a significant Anjoy discount! After the gym you can always take a shower at our offices too.
- Special discounts in local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops, etc.
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages.
- Amazing offices in the heart of Barcelona with a beautiful terrace to have a break and enjoy the views.
- Annual awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
- … And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come fly with us and join us now.