Are you ready to shape the future of travel by working at one of the world’s largest online travel companies? At eDreams ODIGEO you will have a real impact, combining more than 600 airlines and 100.000 flights worldwide every day into billions of potential combinations and helping our users find the very best travel deals.
We are looking for a driven DevOps Engineer to join our Porto headquarters.
You will be in charge of building and developing Europe’s largest flight retailing platform which last year served over 18 million customers in 46 different markets through more than 60 million searches every day.
We set the path. Shape the way people travel with us.
At eDreams ODIGEO, we believe in full end to end ownership of results and empower our teams to develop solutions that benefit both the customer and our business, iterating fast to continuously learn and improve. We are a fully agile organisation, and our product development teams use Kanban practices to deliver business value continuously.
You will be part of an Agile multidisciplinary team where you will influence both product and technical decisions on a day-to-day basis.
The DevOps engineer will be working hand in hand with product development teams, focusing on infrastructure and automation to ensure the maximum autonomy of the product teams. He / she will do this by collaborating with development and platform teams to build, deploy and maintain the company services, automating all processes to provide maximum autonomy. You will be joining us at an exciting time of change. We have set ourselves an ambitious goal of migrating our website platform from on-premises datacenter (docker mesos platform) to Google Cloud Platform (GKE) so that we deploy our stack closer to our customers to provide the best experience possible.
You will work with a top-notch tech stack, including:
- Google Cloud
- Oracle Cloud
- Kafka & PubSub
- noSQL Databases (Cassandra, Elastic search, BigTable …)
- … and many many more!
In your role of DevOps, your main day to day responsibilities include:
- Design cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable and highly available on GCP.
- Define infrastructure and deployment requirements.
- Provision, configure and maintain cloud infrastructure defined as a code
- Build and maintain operation tools for deployment, monitoring and analysis of cloud infrastructure and systems
- Ensure configuration and compliance with configuration management tools
- Work collaboratively with product development being the link between product and business units
- Focus on process automation to allow maximum autonomy for development teams
- We are looking for a very strong individual that displays these characteristics:
- Strong understanding of how to secure cloud environments and meet compliance requirements
- Solid foundation on networking and linux administration
- Experience with docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, ELK and deploying application in cloud
- Hands on experience deploying and managing infrastructure with Terraform
- Experience with noSQL Databases (cassandra, elasticsearch) (desirable)
- Experience with Queue systems (kafka, pubsub) (desirable)
- Experience with java jvm jboss application servers (desirable)
- Experience with scripting programming languages like python and go
- Strong understanding and experience architecting microservices technology
- Ability to troubleshoot problems across a wide array of services and functional areas
- Energetic team player who enjoys working in an agile development culture.
- Strong bias for action, ownership and solving head-scratching challenges
- Personal interest for continuous learning and self improvement.
- Do you have a real passion for designing, building and maintaining a high-traffic website platform? Join us and demonstrate your expert DevOps knowledge.
What do we offer?
- Safe environment during COVID times: Onboarding and daily work can be done 100% remote.
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to frequent tech talks from internal experts and external keynote speakers, a broad range of internal soft skills and technical skills training opportunities, organised language lessons, and paid-for access to external events and industry conferences. At any point in time, you will also have access to an extensive digital learning platform through a free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- Fast-track career development: With our unique structured programs, you are always working towards the next step on your career path. We have well defined career path programmes for our platform engineers. The typical career path is going from tech support engineer, to system engineer, to senior system engineer and then up to either a people management role (Platform Lead) or a more technical expertise based role (technical expert for a technology). You will receive full support from experienced people managers to give you the training, coaching and support you need to accelerate your career within eDreams.
- A phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance: Our teams regularly take the time to do team building activities, we provide access to flexible hours and a generous holiday allowance of 24 days per year, plus we work in a compressed 6 hour schedule every Friday all year round.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription that allows you to benefit from significant discounts on all your travels.
- Freedom to experiment and use different technologies.
- A great team experience: You will work in a stable and high performing team, really taking ownership of a product end to end. You own the entire platform stack, you own the technical decisions (with support from architects), you manage your infrastructure, tools and processes and then you go beyond. You own the customer understanding, and eventually the business domain. Meaning you have maximum chances to make an impact on the business and have your product seen and used by more than 100 million customers each year who make more than 15 billion searches every year. Where else would you have this kind of exposure and ownership? The fact we give you so much ownership means you get to solve super interesting technical and business challenges.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure.
- Social benefits schemes like Ticket Restaurant.
- We also have for you a Ticket Restaurant benefit & unlimited beverages and coffee for free at the office (with many types of milk alternatives) because we like our eDOers happy and healthy!
- Additional prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
- Fun at work: At eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
… And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come fly with us and join us now.
eDreams ODIGEO under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo –is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.