You will be responsible for driving and delivering eDreams design system across all products under the eDreams ODIGEO echo-system. Working closely with product, design and engineering teams to plan, build and effectively shape the future of eDreams Design System. You will have a hands-on approach and have the confidence to lead the design team toward implementation, and – most importantly – educating the entire organisation on the crucial changes brought in by the new, design-system-lead approach. The challenge is to educate the wider business appropriately by setting up, defining and delivering foundations to incorporate new methods and practices all while combining existing legacy features – setting up for the future.
- Present the system’s mission, library, and process to other groups, including main stakeholders throughout eDreams
- Capable of the design and management of design systems assets such as:
○ Style-guide creation – UI visuals / patterns for our platforms
○ Design Libraries – Creation and documentation of components in Sketch –
single source of truth
○ Process – Implementing better ways of working
- Be at ease providing direction & support to both on our guidelines, our frameworks and reusable components
- Together with the UX Engineer, you will be the link between Design and Development teams on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to create and maintain design assets for designing at scale and speed.
- Ability of coordination wider design teams input and buy-in into systems approach
- Design and build Atomically – reusable approach
- Delivery of design system in line and at pace with product roadmap
- Understanding of usability and accessibility
- Ability to help solve dev issues that relate to design
- Ability to integrate designers and devs workflows
- Bachelor’s degree in design, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 5+ years professional Product Design experience as a key member of a Product Design team participating in the product development lifecycle of several successfully delivered web, mobile and/or software applications.
- Experience hands-on in Product Design.
- Fluent in HTML, and CSS.
- Ability to work independently and manage projects.
- Strong attention to detail including validated ability to run multiple, challenging priorities at a time.
- Deep understanding in Atomic methodology, agile and lean practices
- Good design principles and understanding on how to incorporate iterations and updates.
- A high level of expertise with Product Design tools such as Sketch and library versioning.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated experience using data to inform design decisions.
- English speaker with good written, verbal, and presentation abilities.
- Team player with a positive attitude and sense of humor.
- Experience working in an agile environment.