Are you ready to shape the future of travel by working at one of the world’s largest online travel companies? At eDreams ODIGEO you will have a real impact, combining more than 600 airlines and 100.000 flights worldwide every day into billions of potential combinations and helping our users find the very best travel deals.
Our mission is to help customers reach their destination by offering millions of combinations in real time of different products like flights, trains and hotels to travel worldwide, and find the best travel deals by using technology and data.
As one of Europe’s top ecommerce sites, our platform serves millions of daily transactions in 40+ countries and has very demanding requirements in terms of performance and maintainability. You will be expected to provide the best technical solutions in terms of performance and development productivity to satisfy our business, UX and product needs.
The DBA will provide close support to development and architecture teams to build data solutions:
- Choose the best tech to persist application data.
- Guarantee the necessary data resources are assigned for the optimal project development.
- Ensure the implemented solution is effective, efficient, consistent, and maintainable from a global data perspective.
- Optimize the application access to data. Detecting bottlenecks in data consumption. Application tuning.
- Support developers on database access and operation (security, automation, good practices, etc.).
- Be the link between data infrastructure and development teams.
- Define the procedures to operate within the database.
The DBA can also be involved in BD platform deployment and maintenance:
- Database tuning and performance.
- Backup and recovery.
- Data replication.
- Punctually, support in DB deploy, patching, maintenance.
- Join the DB on-call team.
Desired skills & experience:
- At least 5 years working in critical DB environments: 24×7 availability, high transactionality, high volumes.
- Experience in Oracle DB 19c features: RAC, RMAN, Data Guard, Partitioning, Golden Gate, OEM.
- Other DB technologies will be a plus: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLServer, Redis, Google BigTable, Google BigQuery.
- Excellent knowledge in data modelling.
- Advance knowledge in SQL tuning and PL/SQL programming.
- Exposure to Cloud based solutions. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure & Google Cloud Platform will be a plus.
- Good communication skills (constant relationship with developers, IT teams, architects and other stakeholders).
- Culture of continuous learning, knowledge sharing and team collaboration.
- Technical English.
What do we offer?
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours and flexible remote work policy.
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills training, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- Personal career path programs.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels.
- Competitive salaries.
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages.
- Annual awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
… And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come fly with us and join us now.
eDreams ODIGEO under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.