eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 18 million customers it serves across 43 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market.
We are looking for an experienced Database Analyst to join our DIM (Database & Information) team in the Global IT Operations Department. You will be reporting to the DIM Manager.
Main responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Work closely with development teams being involved in all phases of new projects, from specifications to its implementation and operation.
- Ensure that the implemented solution is effective, efficient, consistent & maintainable.
- Ensure that necessary data resources are assigned for an optimal project development.
- Get deep functional knowledge over the different areas assigned to the development teams.
- Proactively propose platform & application improvements.
- Mentor development teams on SQL/data & automate processes/build tools.
- Cooperate in the Database Administration Systems being involved in the claims and incidents resolution as well as monitoring our environments.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field.
- +2yrs of experience with Oracle DBA & in optimization of data model and queries.
- Experience in BDA running over Linux Systems.
- Deep DB knowledge, especially Oracle: concepts, architecture, data access and optimization.
- SQL proficiency and query optimization skills.
- Experience developing tools &automations using scripting languages.
- Knowledge of NoSQL DBs, cloud and DBaaS will be valued, as well as MySQL and SQL Server.
- Fluid in English with good coms skills able to work with various stakeholders from different cultures.
- True Team Player, able to inspire & engage others but also conservative when it comes to the production environment.