We are looking for a passionate, highly analytical Data Scientist to join our talented team in sunny and vibrant Barcelona. In this role, you will have the opportunity to crunch massive datasets using the latest Big Data technologies.
You will be a key player in the organization by designing and implementing advanced analytics and using machine learning to build predictive models for different projects like online fraud detection, recommendation engines, user experience personalization, etc. Join us and help us reach our ambitious goal of becoming the global leader in online travel!
What you will do:
- Conduct predictive analytics to better understand how our customers interact with our products and help us anticipate their needs;
- Collaborate with Product and Business teams in order to create predictive models and generate insights from our data;
- Coordinate, challenge and share the best analytical practices and methods within the organization;
- Stay up to date with latest developments in Machine Learning technologies and Data Science trends;
- Effectively communicate results and insights with other stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative fields);
- 2+ years of related experience as a Data Scientist, Machine Learning engineer or similar;
- Previous experience in problem solving, strong analytical and technical skills;
- A solid understanding of appropriate statistical, data mining and machine learning methods for various analysis situations;
- Experience using programming languages like Python, Scala, Java, Spark etc;
- Experience in Big Data technologies; such as NoSQL/graph databases and/or distributed computing would be a plus;
- Written and oral communication skills (in English).
What do we offer?
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills trainings, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription of O’Reilly Online Learning.
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance (e.g. half-day Fridays, team building activities, flexible hours, 24 days of holiday +2 extra days off, etc.).
- Personal career path programs.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels.
- Competitive salaries & flexible benefits scheme: Ticket Restaurant, transport, private health insurance, etc.
- We like our eDOers happy and healthy! Free fresh fruit and coffee for all (with many types of milk alternatives) and a significant Anjoy discount! After the gym you can always take a shower at our offices too.
- Special discounts in local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops, etc.
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages.
- Amazing offices in the heart of Barcelona with a beautiful terrace to have a break and enjoy the views.
- Annual awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
- … And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come fly with us and join us now.