eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 18 million customers it serves across 43 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market.
We are currently looking for an experienced Data Science Manager who will set the direction for our data science team. You will lead a team working on exciting new areas of data science such as deep learning, using cutting edge big data and other open source tools. You will be responsible for the work which will have an impact on various areas of the organisation from fraud to marketing and pricing.
- Lead and manage a growing team of data scientists with highly technical backgrounds;
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across different levels in the organization;
- Identify new opportunities to leverage data science and machine learning across the organization;
- Partner with teams from other areas such as business, technical or product to collaborate and leverage collective know-how to maximise outcomes of objectives;
- Manage the data science process and act as an evangelist for data science within the organization;
- Organize the team, set goals and priorities; assign the right people to solve the right problem;
- Provide technical guidance and deliver initiatives to improve our product and services catalog and optimize operations across the organization;
- Work closely with recruitment to grow the team (interview candidates, participate in conferences/events, build on-boarding processes);
- Visualize data effectively and present it in a manner that it narrates a coherent story;
- Participate in building a training and development agenda.
Desired skills and experience:
- Degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative fields);
- 7+ years of experience in data science;
- Experience in managing projects involving stakeholders across different levels of an organisation;
- Ability to translate business requirements to analytical requirements;
- Ability to convey the results of a data science initiative to the stakeholders;
- A solid understanding of statistical, data mining and machine learning methods for various analysis;
- Experience using programming languages like R, Python, Scala, Java, etc;
- Knowledge of SQL and experience working with large relational databases;
- Experience in Big Data technologies; such as NoSQL/graph databases and/or distributed computing would be a plus;
- Knowledge of deep learning frameworks such as tensorflow;
- Knowledge of the online travel industry;
- Written and oral communication skills (in English).