eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest e-commerce businesses in Europe. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it serves more than 18 million customers per year across 46 markets. Listed on the Spanish Stock Market, eDreams ODIGEO works with over 665 airlines and has partnerships with 130. The brand offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for consumers across the globe.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to help us design, build and manage our data and machine learning platform. You’ll join a team of highly skilled Data Engineers in charge of developing highly scalable Big Data platforms that allow the collection, storage, modeling and analysis of datasets.
We work close to Data Scientists and business units to provide them the tools to access the data they need and to put their models in production. We focus on quality, automation and incremental improvements to reduce the overall time-to-market of Data Science solutions.
If you have a solid background in Software Engineering, feel a passion for data and distributed systems, and enjoy teamwork and shared challenges, join us to optimise, automate and develop new solutions to grow our platform!
- Designing and implementing data architecture for eDreams in a sophisticated, scalable, maintainable way.
- Building pipelines to store the most important datasets in a denormalized, optimized fashion.
- Defining and maintaining the working environment and tools required by the team.
- Automating the training and productionize of machine learning models.
- Automating the whole processes and promoting data processing and software engineering best practices and autonomy through the team and the company.
- Help us to evolve our building tools, automate tasks and reduce even more the time to market of our solutions;
- Help us to evolve and maintain our GCP platform implementing new available technologies;
- Create and maintain ETLs mainly using Bash and Python, additional work on Java and Scala/Spark projects will be needed;
- Use Docker and Docker-Compose to build and test the ETLs;
- Use Git to version the code, we use Bitbucket;
- Analyse, write and run queries on BigQuery;
- Align, clarify and gather informations regarding source data users may require to be loaded into our data lake;
Work close to Data Scientists:
- To help them to put their models in production
- To provide them access to source data they need
- To develop solutions to help them to achieve a specific need faster.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent (IT engineer)
- At least 5 years of IT Engineering experience.
- At least 2 years of experience with cloud platforms (Google Cloud Platform, a plus)
- Experience with docker environments
- Proficiency in Java, Scala and/or Python.
- Good knowledge of Spark and distributed computing systems.
- Good knowledge of SQL and data management.
- Professional experience building complex ETLs/data pipelines
- Experience gathering data requirements in multidisciplinary projects
- Continuous Integration and Delivery (Jenkins)
- DevOps skills and knowledge.
- Working English fluency
What do we offer?
- Safe environment during COVID times: Onboarding and daily work can be done 100% remote.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure.
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills training, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs, you are always working towards the next step on your career path.
- We also have for you a Ticket Restaurant benefit & unlimited beverages and coffee for free at the office (with many types of milk alternatives) because we like our eDOers happy and healthy!
- A phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance.
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages.
- Additional prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
- Fun at work: at eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
… And the opportunity to work on a dynamic, dedicated, fun, and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come fly with us and join us now.
eDreams ODIGEO under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo –is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.