eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest e-commerce businesses in Europe. The business is the largest flight retailer globally, excluding China,and the largest in Europe. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it serves more than 17 million customers per year across 44 markets. Listed on the Spanish Stock Market, eDreams ODIGEO works with over 690 airlines and +2.1 million hotels. The business conceptualised Prime, the first subscription product in the travel sector which has attracted 3 million members since launching in 2017. The brand offers the best quality products and the widest choice of regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, dynamic packages, cruises, car rental services and travel insurance products to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for consumers across the globe.
The BI Visualization Expert will work within the BI team in an agile environment working on the current BI platform migration from Oracle to Google Cloud Big Data technology. His main responsibilities will cover the full ETL process, from data gathering to basic dashboard building. The new platform will be able to support billions of records per day.
- Understand and translate Product Owners needs into specific tasks.
- Able to design/develop data visualisations based on an understanding of the challenges, data problems, and use cases of non-analytics stakeholders
- Make sure we build an ergonomic visualisations dashboard, provide visual & technical guidance
Data QA control.
- Support users when needed.
- Liaise with other areas of the Bl department.
Desired skills and experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent (|T engineer), Mathematics, Physics, Economics, etc…
- +2 year experience in Microstrategy reporting tools
- +2 years experience working in agile environments.
- +1 year experience in SQL and data modelling. year experience in R for the statistical analysis
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform is desirable but not mandatory.
- Analytic mind, organised, team player and self-starter.
- With attention to detail and focused on results and productivity.
- English is a must.
What we offer:
- A great career opportunity: our company is committed to recruiting talented professionals and offer them continuous learning and challenging opportunities
- In a leading e-commerce company: eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance (e.g. half-day Fridays, team building activities, flexible hours, etc.).
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on all your travels.
- Competitive salaries & flexible benefits scheme: Ticket Restaurant, transport, private health insurance, etc.
- We like our eDOers happy and healthy! Free fresh fruit, water, breakfast alternatives for all (with many types of milk, teas, chocolate, etc.) and a significant Andjoy discount! After the gym you can always take a shower at our offices too.
Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops, etc.
- Amazing offices in the heart of Barcelona with a beautiful terrace to have a break and enjoy the views.
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages.
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills training, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
… And the opportunity to work on a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come dream with us and join us now!