Are you ready to shape the future of travel by working at one of the world’s largest online travel companies? At eDreams ODIGEO you will have a real impact, combining more than 600 airlines and 100.000 flights worldwide every day into billions of potential combinations and helping our users find the very best travel deals.
Our mission is to help customers reach their destination by offering millions of combinations in real time of different products like flights, trains and hotels to travel worldwide, and find the best travel deals by using technology and data.
We are looking for a backend architect to join the architecture team in charge of our systems. As one of Europe’s top ecommerce sites, our platform serves millions of daily transactions in 40+ countries and has very demanding requirements in terms of performance and maintainability. Reporting to the Chief Architect, you will be expected to provide the best technical solutions to satisfy our business needs.
Are the topics below in your list of interests? If yes, this might be a good opportunity.
- Software architecture? Micro services? Cloud?
- Distributed, scalable and resilient in systems with millions of daily transactions? Availability and resilience in 24/7 systems? Performance tuning? Chaos engineering?
- System design? Domain-driven design?
- Hexagonal architectures? Event-driven architectures?
- Technologies such as Java, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, BigTable, ElasticSearch, BigQuery, Redis, Spark?
In your role of Backend Architect, your main day to day responsibilities include:
- Drive the technical evolution of one or more backend services in our platform
- Be the go-to person for lead engineers and senior Java developers for all questions regarding coding, design and tools
- Collaborate with multiple backend teams (~30 developers)
- Help business and product in scoping and phasing ideas already in their backlogs
- Contribute ideas to backlogs to help business and product teams with their challenges
- Mentor lead and senior engineers in their technical growth
- Work with other architects in cross-team, company-level technical initiatives
We are looking for a very strong individual that displays these characteristics:
- Software coding (Java), design patterns, architecture and performance engineering
- Excellent communication skills, with technical and non-technical people
- Assertiveness and influencing: able to get your point across and challenge those of others in a calm and positive manner
- 8+ years of backend development experience in Java
- Expert knowledge in common backend protocols, methodologies, patterns and technologies, such as REST, RPC, dependency injection frameworks, transactional systems, or design patterns
- Experience designing software systems or micro-services
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field
It will be nice if you also…
- Experience with machine learning systems
- Experience in big multi-language/country ecommerce websites
- Experience in the travel sector
What do we offer?
- Safe environment during COVID times: Onboarding and daily work can be done 100% remote.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure.
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills trainings, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs, you are always working towards the next step on your career path.
- We also have for you a Ticket Restaurant benefit & unlimited beverages and coffee for free at the office (with many types of milk alternatives) because we like our eDOers happy and healthy!
- A phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance.
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages.
- Additional prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
- Fun at work: at eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
… And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come fly with us and join us now.
eDreams ODIGEO under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo –is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.