Are you ready to shape the future of travel by working in one of the world’s largest online travel companies? At eDreams ODIGEO you will create impact, combining 660 airlines, 218.000 flight routes and over 2.1 million hotels worldwide every day into billions of potential combinations and helping our users find the very best travel deals.
We are looking for a driven Java Back End Software Engineer to join our brand new office in Porto.
You will be in charge of building and evolving Europe’s largest flight retailer platform which served last year over 18 million customers in 46 different markets through more than 60 million searches every day.
We set the path. Shape with us the way people travel.
You will be part of an Agile multidisciplinary team where you will influence both product and technical decisions on a day-to-day basis. At eDreams ODIGEO, we believe in full end to end ownership of results and empower our teams to drive their own decisions for the benefit of the customer and our business, iterating fast to continuously learn and improve.
You will work with a top-notch tech stack, including:
- Java 8
- BigData (Kafka, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Redis, Neo4j…)
- Google Cloud
Do you have a real passion for developing high-quality software? Join us and demonstrate your expert Java knowledge, crafting high performance applications.
What you will do:
- Utilize your sharp analytical skills and pattern design skills to tackle problems.
- Come up with creative alternatives to deliver solutions.
- Use your knowledge of Cloud and of Continuous Delivery environments to help deliver value quickly.
- Take initiative, be a self-starter and speak up with new ideas.
- Seek out opportunities to constantly learn, share and grow.
- Work in English every day with a talented, diverse and multicultural team.
What do we offer?
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills trainings, language lessons, external events and industry conferences,
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning,
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance (e.g. half-day Fridays, team building activities, flexible hours, etc.),
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels,
- Competitive salaries.
- Annual awards for a variety of team and individual achievements,
- … And the opportunity to work on a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come fly with us and join us now!