As you contemplate your future, you might be asking yourself, what’s the next step? Start your journey with us!
We’re seeking an experienced Android Java Software Engineer to join our Accommodation team in Barcelona, Porto, Madrid or Milan (other locations in Spain, Portugal and Italy are equally possible)(Hybrid), to develop and leverage the best ecommerce technology to create a one-stop-shop for our customers, where they can find the best hotel for their needs and experience amazing post-booking service in our best-rated mobile app. If you’re ready to soar, we’re ready to take you there.
Why eDreams ODIGEO
Join the world’s leading travel subscription platform and one of the largest e-commerce businesses in Europe.
20 million customers – 44 markets – 5 brands – 5.2M members in Prime
16.2 million bookings FY23 – More than 50,000 bookings per day – 100 million daily user searches
8 Billion ML predictions per day – Up to 1.8 billion daily AI predictions[e1]
1400 employees – More than 50 different nationalities – 99% permanent contracts – 36.3 average age
We’re a leading travel tech company, revolutionising the travel booking experience through our consumer insight, innovative technology, market leadership, and Prime, the world’s first travel subscription program.
As an Android Software Engineer, you will:
- Work with a top-notch tech stack including Kotlin, Java, Espresso, Jenkins, Gherkin and Cucumber, JUnit, Clean Architecture, Multinode, and a distributed, scalable app where the software gets delivered daily, with high quality, clean code, and SOLID principles
- Work with talented colleagues who will collaborate with you on a daily basis and help you to develop yourself at the same time you’re helping them. Continuously learn and participate in workshops, hackathons, and other events as we consider key to being active within the IT community.
- Be part of a high-performing cross-functional team of 7-10 developers, POs, UXers, QAs, data scientists, etc, all sharing the same values and focus on the customer and you will actively participate in the product definition and ideation processes.
- Own a few modules in your area of expertise and cover the entire software development lifecycle. Own and monitor the performance of product and technical OKRs.
- Design & develop innovative solutions that help us evolve our mobile app and deliver challenging business goals. Share them with both technical and non-technical audiences. Code the solutions with the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and test quality.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- A growth mindset, seeking opportunities to learn, share, and grow continuously
- High level of personal leadership and ownership, ability to plan and organise own work and take responsibility
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, comfortable to work in large teams or teams of teams
- Understanding of coding fundamentals
- Strong technical problem-solving skills
- Focus on quality and experience with testing and shipping high-quality code
- Strong knowledge and experience with Kotlin
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Proactivity to come up with new ideas to deliver solutions and identify opportunities to improve
- A good level of technical English to collaborate with people across 45 nationalities
What’s in it for you?
The best talent deserves the best benefits
At eDO, we want you to be a part of our success story and great culture.
Here’s what we offer:
- A rewarding Compensation package!💥 Prime Plus membership, Competitive salary and benefits package, including flexible benefits, performance-based bonuses, birthday day off, discounts and partnerships, relocation support and the possibility of choosing your equipment and, even better, keeping it for free after 3 years.
- Continuous learning to fuel your growth and explore new horizons!📚 Learn and grow with free Coursera access, soft skills workshops, tech training, leadership development, and more. Plus, enjoy a great onboarding program.
- Grow opportunities to empower your career, and unleash your potential! 🚀Personalised career paths and the eVOLVE Program will help you discover, grow, and thrive. Internal mobility opportunities let you pursue horizontal career changes and promotions.
- Your Well-being is our Priority. Embrace Freedom and Flexibility! 💙At eDO, we value flexibility, employee care, and transparency. We offer a hybrid home-office model focused on outcome, not time-in-seat. You’ll be able to find the right work-personal life balance that suits you best.
- Work hard, party hard! We believe in having fun and connecting with colleagues! 🎉 Join eDO for after-work events, padel tournaments, parties, and more. Create communities based on your passions, like sports and music. Come to work as you are, with no dress code, and enjoy free fruit, coffee, and tea at our offices.
- Enjoy a dynamic and healthy environment!💫Be innovative, take risks, and share your ideas. Our diverse and open-minded teams support high performance, learning, and growth. You’ll work in an Agile Mindset environment with recognition at our core.
Wanna take a peek into what it’s like to work at eDO? Follow us on LinkedIn and discover more about life at eDO!
If you are ready for a career opportunity with unmatched benefits, continuous learning, and a supportive work-life balance, look no further! Take your career to new destinations by applying now and help our diverse, inclusive, and passionate team shape the future of travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.