Are you an Android enthusiast? Are you looking for a challenging change? Join one of our tech hubs in Barcelona, Porto, Madrid or Milan (other locations in Spain, Portugal and Italy are equally possible) and help us shape the future of travel, while providing the best travel experience to over 17 million of customers.
At eDreams ODIGEO, we all believe in one thing – helping millions of people discover the world through the power of travel. Our cutting edge travel tech platform does so at scale. Every year, our technology helps more than 17 million customers reach their destination faster, cheaper and more conveniently by finding the best travel deals out there. Our engineers create new technologies and platforms and apply artificial intelligence in a flexible, microservices based infrastructure.
You will join us in the Travelshop area, where you will influence both product and technical decisions on a daily basis and have a massive impact for our customers. Our mission is to create a one-stop-shop for our customers, where they can find the best travel options for their needs and experience amazing post-booking service in our best-rated mobile app. In the Travelshop area, our teams are working on our future ancillaries retail platform that will take the customer experience to the next level across new and innovative touchpoints.
We set the path. Shape with us the way people travel. Help us build a smarter, more personal retail platform for travellers at booking time, pre-trip and in destination.
You will be part of a very close-knit community of 60+ very talented and experienced engineers, all passionate about delivering the best travel booking experience out there, and helping each other grow. We work hard, live and breathe Android and always think out of the box to create new exciting features. We value hunger for learning, knowledge sharing and ambition to grow and benefit from the best IT career path in Europe. We build complex applications using the best new methods and technologies. We encourage our team to share new ideas and innovate. We believe in full end to end ownership of results and empower our teams to drive their own decisions for the benefit of the customer and our business, iterating fast to continuously learn and improve. We work side by side with our own Agile Coaches and Product Owners to follow the best practices of the Agile Methodologies because YES, WE KANBAN!
As a Android Senior Software Engineer in the Travelshop area, you will:
– Work with a top-notch tech stack including Kotlin, Java, Espresso, Jenkins, Gherkin and Cucumber, JUnit, Clean Architecture, Multinode, and a distributed, scalable app where software gets delivered daily, with high quality, clean code and SOLID principles
– Work with talented colleagues who will collaborate with you on a daily basis and help you to develop yourself at the same time you’re helping them. Continuously learn and participate in workshops, hackathons and other events as we consider key to be active within the IT community.
– Be part of a high performing cross functional team of 7-10 developers, POs, UXers, QAs, data scientists etc, all sharing the same values and focus on the customer and you will actively participate in the product definition and ideation processes.
– Leverage your technical excellence mindset to code solutions with the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and test quality.
– Promote the use of clean code and SOLID principles to the rest of the team and mentor more junior engineers. Challenge architecture and functional decisions, be proactive and seek to improve technical excellence. Help the team grow by mentoring more junior team members to continue improving, giving feedback and sharing your expertise.
– Own a few modules in your area of expertise and cover the entire software development lifecycle. Own and monitor the performance of product and technical OKRs.
– Design & develop innovative solutions that help us evolve our mobile app and deliver challenging business goals. Share them with both technical and non technical audiences. Code the solutions with the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and test quality. Be a referral of best practices within the team.
What you’ll need to be successful:
– Solid experience of more than 2 years working with Kotlin.
– Solid experience of more than 5 years with building Native Android mobile apps and working in a large-scale test-driven enterprise environment and in a role defining and driving technical work for other engineers.
– Strong quality mindset.
– Excellent understanding of coding fundamentals, mobile native appropriate frameworks/systems, continuous integration environments, clean architecture, design patterns, best practices in software development and distributed, concurrent and scalable systems
– Strong technical problem solving skills. Ability to analyse, creativity and proactivity to come up with creative options to deliver solutions, and identify opportunities to improve business and customer outcomes.
– A strong mindset for continuous learning and improvement, growth and innovation.
– A team player with a focus on knowledge sharing within a dynamic team.
– Good English level that will allow you to work in a multicultural environment.
– Extensive experience across the software development life cycle (ideally, not just the developing/ coding phase).
– Some experience in mentoring and coaching more junior developers.
– Excellent collaboration and communication skills, comfortable to work in large teams or teams of teams
– High level of personal leadership and ownership, ability to plan and organise own work and take responsibility
– Familiarity with agile development methodologies
What’s in it for you?
– 🚀Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path, 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps management career path.
– Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain, Portugal or Italy, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
– Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
– Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS
– A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
– Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
– Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
– Continuous growth and learning
– Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
– Language classes for English and Spanish
– A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
– Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Milano and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.