Are you ready to shape the future of travel by working at one of the world’s largest online travel companies? At eDreams ODIGEO you will have a real impact, combining more than 600 airlines and 100.000 flights worldwide every day into billions of potential combinations and helping our users find the very best travel deals.
Our mission is to help customers reach their destination by offering millions of combinations in real time of different products like flights, trains and hotels to travel worldwide, and find the best travel deals by using technology and data.
We are looking for a native Android architect to drive our native Android apps. As one of Europe’s top ecommerce sites, our platform serves millions of daily transactions in 40+ countries and has very demanding requirements in terms of performance and maintainability. You will be expected to provide the best technical solutions in terms of performance and development productivity to satisfy our business, UX and product needs.
Are the topics below in your list of interests? If yes, this might be a good opportunity.
Native architecture patterns: MVC, MVP, MVVM, Viper?
Android testing frameworks: Appium, Detox, Espresso, Calabash?
Frontend backends: REST, GraphQL?
- Drive the technical evolution of our Android native app: stack and architecture
- Mentor lead and senior Android engineers in technical matters
- Be the go-to person for lead engineers and senior Android developers for all questions regarding coding, design and tools
- Collaborate with product teams teams: understand their problems and challenges, help them scoping and phasing complex projects
- Collaborate with backend architects
- Software coding, design patterns, architecture and performance engineering
- Excellent communication skills, with technical and non-technical people
- Assertiveness and influencing: able to get your point across and challenge those of others in a calm and positive manner
- 8+ years Android development experience, including 2+ years of Kotlin experience
- Expert knowledge in common Android and native technologies and tools
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience in big multi-language/country ecommerce native apps
- Experience in the travel sector
- Basic knowledge or experience in a different technical domain: iOS, frontend or backend
What do we offer?
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours and flexible remote work policy.
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills trainings, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- Personal career path programs.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels.
- Competitive salaries
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages.
- Annual awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
… And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come fly with us and join us now.
eDreams ODIGEO under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo –is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.