eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 18 million customers it serves across 43 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market.
We are now looking for a GL Account Supervisor whose mission will be leading the accounting and statutory reporting processes across the different entities (including; manual posting, accruals, fixed assets, prepayments, settlements, intercompanies, etc), the closing of books and statutory reporting from an accounting perspective, directly reporting to the Group Non-Trade Finance Manager.
- Lead and coordinate all the general accounting staff in this area;
- Periodically report to the Group Controller;
- Lead the accounting team on the daily accounting record and monthly accounting close processes, ensuring that all journal entries and analysis are completed timely and accurately to support the financial close;
- Supervise the execution of timely monthly, quarterly and annual close processes, and accurate reporting
- Resolve accounting discrepancies with high technical complexity;
- Review the monthly / quarterly & annual closing process.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the monthly close process and recommends changes to improve systems and financial processes;
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness (third level review);
- Maintain the integrity of the journal daybook and financial systems;
- Prepare account analyses on a monthly basis.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Team leadership and Team building;
- Decision making skills;
- Organised – ability to handle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines;
- Experience in team supervision
- Minimum 5 years’ in an accounting environment; Big 4 experience is a must.
- Fluency English and Spanish;
- Excel Advanced User;
- Desirable: Used to work with Navision/AX Dynamics.