eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 18 million customers it serves across 44 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market.
We are now looking for a Data Scientist to join our Marketing Analytics team based in Barcelona, Spain.
The Data Scientist will provide support to all marketing channels, analysing marketing mix, optimizing and modeling it, in order to provide actionable insights to the CMO and marketing channel leaders to apply modifications and changes, looking for the overall best results. The Marketing Data Scientist will also take an active role in generating insights about customer behavior.
The successful candidate will work with data related to Google Analytics, other data sources such as Microstrategy, Qlikview, Big Query and other data sets including web and online marketing data, analysing results and providing insights and recommendations to improve performance.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Marketing Mix analysis, optimization and modeling;
- Modeling customer behavior (on site navigation, cross-device usage, etc.);
- Providing actionable insights and recommendations to the CMO and marketing channel leaders;
- Other channel level analysis;
- Predictive analysis, forecasting and modeling;
- Digital Marketing Analytics;
- Building presentations, visualization and story-telling;
- Identify business challenges and opportunities.
Required skills and experience:
- 2-3 years of previous experience in an analytical/statistical role.
- Previous experience on marketing mix modelling and customer clustering will be strongly preferred.
- Marketing background and knowledge required, ideally in Online/Digital Marketing in Travel industry.
- Statistical and maths knowledge.
- Ability to turn Data into Insights.
- Knowledge on BI tools at user level (Microstrategy, Qlikview…).
- Excel and spreadsheets, Google sites, dashboarding tools, presentation tools.
- Very good business awareness, plus the ability to understand the global business picture.
- Strong analytical mindset: You enjoy working with data and are comfortable with math and statistical analysis, and are able to quickly extract implications from data.
- Ability to manage different projects/tasks in parallel.
- Hands-on and can-do attitude.